Life is full of bumps in the road... literally. I went into town in Mancora, Peru this morning and got out of the motto taxi, walked about a minute and my shoe discovered a space between the tiles and down I went. I fell on the same arm I always do, my left. I went down to a bodega where I had bought my bag and bought some flips straight away. The other shoes will never be worn again. I went ahead to go get something to eat anyway, I mean what are you going to do at that point. I had already been introduced to the sidewalk.
When I finished eating I felt like crying because my arm was hurting very bad. So I went to the motto stand and got a taxi to go to the clinica and I saw the first doctor I have seen in South America. The visit was less than $20 US, I got the first shot that I have had in many many years, but how to argue in spanish when your spanish is only passable.... The taxi driver waited for me and took me after to the farmacia to get the antiinflamatorio creama and pills. He also took me to the store to get some rum... I figured that would be needed later. He brought me back to where I am staying and was very gentle on the road bringing me back.
I paid him very well... his face when I handed him the money was one of confusion, he asked if it was for him and I said yes. He gave me some more advise on how to take care of my arm and it was said with love. We hugged and kissed on the cheek and I am sure I will see him in town. He was worried that I had been robbed but I told him no I was alone and fell. Another loving amazing experience with a total stranger in South America.
So I am back and drinking a cerveza, my arm is already feeling better from the shot and I am supposed to go back and get another tomorrow. We will see.... EJ
I paid him very well... his face when I handed him the money was one of confusion, he asked if it was for him and I said yes. He gave me some more advise on how to take care of my arm and it was said with love. We hugged and kissed on the cheek and I am sure I will see him in town. He was worried that I had been robbed but I told him no I was alone and fell. Another loving amazing experience with a total stranger in South America.
So I am back and drinking a cerveza, my arm is already feeling better from the shot and I am supposed to go back and get another tomorrow. We will see.... EJ
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a comment or ask a question ~