Do you ever reflect on your life and wonder who you are? I have been doing this today, I think you have been living in South America now for 2 years. I came down in August 2012 first to Cuenca, Ecuador. I volunteered at a school assisting with English. I love my children and I do not think they learned much about English but the thing they did take away was learning to take care of others. Really what more could have wanted to leave behind than the gift of caring.
You can have a conversation in Spanish and it seems very natural. You are so comfortable and happy here in South America. What will you do when you go back to that other life? How will you function there? The money is running out so if the textile business does not work out you will have to go back. You do not even have a resume anymore. You have cut ties to family which that is not a bad thing but you are alone. So you wonder what you are doing and who have you become on this journey.
Yes there is the work for the children and I trust the universe to guide my way as always. But sometimes you do think about things like this, how can you not. I walk through Mancora, Peru and people smile and wave and say hola. I have been here for 3 weeks now with one week left and then it is on to Trujillo, Peru. I wonder who I am and where did this life and this person come from........ sometimes I wonder if I am really alive or if this is another time and place all together. EJ
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please feel free to leave a comment or ask a question ~