Sunday, August 25, 2013

Rainbows ~

Once on holiday in Galveston, Texas
There was a rainbow that ended right on the seawall at my feet
I danced like a giddy child in the streams of color

Then when my uncle passed away
I was with my family celebrating his life
There in the sky was a double rainbow

In m questions of faith and life after death
After losing my most beloved grandmother
Again unbelievably before my eyes, a double rainbow

Now here I am alone and in a quiet peaceful place
After the evenings summer rain
Without a doubt it is always there in it ethyl beauty

As if on cue everytime, as I step outside onto the lanai
I feel it is there just for me leaving me to wonder
A message perhaps whispering softly for me to stay

Maybe I am meant to be here in the place and time
So near the Gulf that tugs at my very soul
For whatever reason the rainbow seems to send a message

I am here in the place for a reason
It seems to reassure me in some way
That yes this for now is the place that I am to be

Shelia Felker
5/29/2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment or ask a question ~